The following positions for 2018 are currently open and need to be filled by October. Please inquire at suburbanathletics.com for more details on the job duties or express interest in joining our 2018 team!
Umpire Coordinator/ Co-Coordinator -
Boys 9/10 Tournament Director -
Boys 11/12 Tournament Director -
Sponsor Coordinator - Girls Tournament
Girls Softball Commissioner - 7/8
Event Coordinator (weekend positions) for Concession Stand/Volunteer Coordinators:
T-ball Opening Day
Girls League Tournament
Girls Invitational Tournament
9/10 Boys Tournament
11/12 Boys Tournament
Boys end of year tournament
Girls end of year tournament
Interested in Baseball & Softball 2018 LEAGUE registration? Check back in December! Registration is not yet open for league play or t-ball.
● Saturday, April 28 - League Field Clean-Up Day .
● Saturday, May 12th –Baseball & Softball League Opening Day & Pictures (9-12)
● Saturday, May 19th - Opening Day & Pictures for T-Ball and Boys & Girls age 7-8
● June 15th through June 17th - Boys 11/12 tournament (tournament team invitational)
● June 22nd through June 24th - Girls 10U/12U tournament (tournament team invitational)
● July 6th through July 8th - Boys 9/10 tournament (tournament team invitational)
● Friday, July 20th through Sunday, July 22nd – Girls league tournament (Ages 9-14)
● Friday, July 27th through Sunday, July 29th - Boys league tournament (9/10 & 11/12)
● Thursday, August 2nd – SAI Family Picnic - All league trophies @ O’Hauser Park
Little League Baseball is changing their age cut-offs in 2018. While we do not follow Little League rules, the age guidelines will affect many other organizations throughout the state. Suburban Athletics will not make any changes to their cut-off deadlines.
League AGE levels for Evaluation process:
Suburban Athletics, Inc. league age determination date for 2018 are as follows:
T-Ball : Boys & Girls ages 5 through 6 on or before April 30, 2018
Boys League 7-8 : Boys ages 7-8 on or before April 30, 2018 (will not need to attend evaluations)
Boys League 9-10: Boys ages 9-10 on or before April 30, 2018 (exceptions will be made if 8 years old and entering 3rd grade)*
Boys League 11-12 : Boys ages 11-12 on or before April 30, 2018 (exceptions will be made if 10 years old and entering 5th grade)**
Players are expected to play within their age bracket. However, exceptions may be made for the following:
* Consideration for any player that will be 8 on or before the date above, who would like to attempt to “play up” in the Girls/Boys 9/10 league will be considered only if pairing with a sibling already playing in the next level they want to play up in, as long as safety is not an issue. Safety concerns will be addressed by the head coach and baseball commissioner. If a child’s safety at the level they are playing up in are a concern, the level of their age will be the alternative.
**Consideration for any players that will be 10 on or before the date above, who would like to attempt to “play up” in the Girls/Boys 11-12 league will be considered only if pairing with a sibling already playing in the next level, as long as safety is not an issue.Safety concerns will be addressed by the head coach and baseball commissioner. If a child’s safety at the level they are playing up in are a concern, the level of their age will be the alternative.
In any situation where a player wants to “play up” in a level higher than their age (above), they MUST participate in the try-out to be evaluated. Please contact Jack Taschner (Baseball Commissioner)
Why Little League changes?
Check this out...
League-Wide Weather and Field Cancellations will be posted here at 2pm. Please check here and on Facebook for cancellations. If practices/games are cancelled, please stay off the fields...for the protection of our players and the fields we play on! If after 2pm or at any time coaches feel a particular field is not safe to play on, they can cancel a game and notify their teams.
For the complete Weather/Field Cancellation policy, click here: